Saturday, April 5, 2008

Poor little Bella.....


Bella took a nice little header off of the front steps this afternoon, resulting in a quick trip to the ER.... She fell from the deck, down 4 steps (although she didn't hit one of the four...) and landed on the concrete block at the bottom - on her face :( My poor little peanut had an INSTANT black eye (her eyebrow swelled up almost closing her eye completly...), she has a few scrapes and contusions on her nose, mouth, and cheek..... We spent a couple of hours in the ER. Though she was chatty and laughing with the nurses and doctors the whole time, they were a little worried about a concussion and about a possible fracture of her nose, so we have to watch her for 24 hours (wake her up every hour, make sure she's talking normal, acting right, etc...) Hopefully she'll be back to normal by tomorrow, but we know she'll have one heck of a shiner for the next few days....


I've said it a million times - she's the toughest kid you'll ever meet... I dont know how she does it... she deals with diabetes everyday (8 - 10 fingerpricks a day, BIG needles for pump set changes, shots if need be....) and I cant believe how strong she is!!! Definatly tough, that's for sure!


I'll have to go find some nice, light coverup for her.... I can only imagine what people will think when I bring her out in public.... Like we don't get enough attention for having triplets, now I'm going to have to explain what happened to my poor peanut, too! hehe..... Thank god she's OK though, thats really all that matters. We decided we're going to take a picture every day or two so she can see all the colors that her face turns as it heals (she thinks it's hilarious! - haha)

1 comment:

My name is Tammie said...

Poor baby!!! She look so sweet but it looks like it hurts. Little love. I hope its not too bad in the morning.